February 11, 2008

Guess I gotta start somewhere right?


"The hardest thing about writing is telling the truth.
Maybe it's the hardest thing about being a woman too"
-
Sue Monk Kidd


SO, I made the decision over the last couple of weeks to start this blog charting our path through IVF. And even though I have been secretly composing posts in my head the thought of actually starting this is really daunting!


My first reason for starting a blog is that it has helped me tremendously to read what other bloggers have written about their own struggles and triumphs in the world of infertility, so I am hopeful that this will be encouraging to someone else as well.

My second reason is to help the people in our lives understand better what we are going through and how we are doing through all of this. I know this is a touchy subject and I know so many of you have really varied opinions about this treatment and I also know that some of you probably just don't know what to ask or how to be in this with us. So, here it is....I hope reading about the process will help you understand, help to answer some of your questions, and hopefully help you to celebrate with us when that wonderful day arrives and we are officially parents, one way or another. Wherever you stand on this, we welcome you to join us in this process and in this journey which is progressively leading us smack dab through uncertainty.

So let's get started shall we?



1 comment:

Lori Lavender Luz said...

Welcome to blogging! Can't wait to get to know you better.