February 13, 2008

The good kind of needles....

I finally saw my acupuncturist, Lee, after about 2 months off. It was so good to see her. She is wise and kind and encouraging and just all-around cool. I feel SO much better, so much more "normal" and balanced. I have been struggling with depression and MAJOR anxiety and panic since December and I can tell that after seeing her for one treatment much of that underlying fear and anxiety has lifted. (Of course I also saw my amazing counselor, the day before - which always helps!)

ALSO good news - I talked with her about scheduling with her once we start the 4-6weeks of meds prior to doing the IVF and she said weekly visits would be fine. But even better news: I have read many articles that refer to studies where there has been shown sometimes a 20-40% increase in pregnancy rates when acupuncture is paired with IVF treament. In all the articles / studies, the women received acupuncture treatments right before and after the embryo transfer. I was nervous that Lee might not be able to do this for me since she works limited hours but she said "Absolutely!" and told me she isn't traveling during that time period so she should be available. This was a huge relief! I was so anxious about having to find a different acupuncturist to help me out for that one day and the idea of doing that with someone I wasn't as familiar or comfortable with was a little unnerving for me.

So...I a beginning to feel like I am getting my "team" altogether and geared up - go team!!!

1 comment:

Lori Lavender Luz said...

Gimme a B!

Gimme an A!

Gimme a B!

Gimme a ....

Probably getting into jinx territory, so I'll stop there.

Hope your team rounds the bases.